What are we all about?
Rokeby Gallery is an exciting addition to the Rokeby Studios suite of creative services and opportunities located in the centre of the Collingwood Arts Precinct. Rokeby Studios opened as a premier commercial photography studio in 2010. Rokeby Gallery is a space for professional photographers, photographic artists and emerging creatives to exhibit their work and network with like-minded individuals.
Come hang with us!
Rokeby Gallery is now taking exhibition proposals for 2017/18 exhibitions.
Exhibition's will be held monthly with opening night's scheduled toward the end of the month.
What's the damage?
$900 and 20% commission
• Four week show, open Monday – Friday 9am-5pm, first and last Saturday of the exhibition month 12pm - 4pm*
• Opening night function, last Thursday of the month including staffed bar and security personal
• Promotion on Rokeby Studios website and social media as well as access to our curated mailing list
• Exhibition signage and invitation design
• Curatorial and installation assistance
* Weekend opening hours are subject to change & dependant on bookings associated with Rokeby Studios.
The next steps
In a single pdf document please include the following:
• Contact details and website
• About the exhibition, including the main themes and ideas explored (300 words)
• How it will look and be presented, including number of images (300 words)
• Supporting documentation including maximum of 10 images, one page CV
“Come in and get the full picture.”
elizaveta maltseva | Studio & gallery manager
We're not just a gallery
Rokeby Studios is located in Collingwood’s gallery & fashion precinct, just a stones throw from Melbourne’s CBD. What used to be a box factory at the turn of the century has been transformed into a beautiful creative studio and event space. This delightful space has been completed with fastidious attention to detail and clever design that maximises its textures, light and layout. Ceilings soaring to up to 8 meters high, sealed concrete floors full of character and history, original red brick walls combined with modern blonde plywood timber as well as powder coated metal and tiled installations provide a stunning and flexible environment for your film and photo shoots as well as private or corporate events. Rokeby Studios is made up of two dynamic shooting spaces with elegant amenities including an architecturally designed chameleon kitchen packed with SMEG appliances, client cafe style kitchen and coffee area, conference area / green room, Scandinavian inspired client lounge, gallery space & roller door access to a generous off street loading dock.